Friday 6 May 2011

30 Day Song Challenge Day 27 Playing Music Harder than it seems

A song I wish I could play. It's taken me most of the day to think on this one (and that is knowing this choice was coming).

I keep coming back to a number of instruments I wish I could play. Owning them or even having the commitment to rent them to practice is the main obstacle to this wish. On the list of instruments I wish to own/play (which I've realised all are used to play Baroque Music).....

oboe












harpsichord









bassoon











Cello

(yeah, there's the cost of a decent sized car right there for you...which is why I've not indulged myself on this desire).

So, I've been spending the day doing mundane tasks like grocery shopping, making jam drops all the while thinking of various pieces of music over the years I've thought would be cool to play. I can think of pieces for each instrument, to play with an orchestra.....harder than it seems to make a choice.

I couldn't find a shorter snapshot version of this one...Toccata and Fugue in D Minor by J.S. Bach. Really love it about the 1 - 2 minute mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment